Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11, 2007

It is six years since the awful tragedy in New York when enemies of the west flew planes into three buildings and would have flown another into the White House but for the brave men on board. I have been watching some of the ceremonies and even six years later, I still tear up.

Since I am Canadian and live in Canada, I hear all the naysayers on the talk radio shows saying all kinds of things negative about the US and their President. I also hear all the conspiracy theorists saying that Bush and Cheney and their pals are the ones who planned the whole thing. I am not sure how you convince four pilots to give up their life and the lives of all the passengers for that plan.

What I do know for sure is that followers of Islam committed a terrific crime that day and that they are among us just waiting until they can commit another. They are in England, Germany, the Philippines, the U.S., Canada, and many other countries waiting and planning. As I have said before, Muslims can say that their beliefs are peaceful but, until this madness stops, we cannot believe what they say.

My thoughts today are with the families of the people on the planes, in the buildings and the rescuers. Also with all the people who have been permanently damaged by being in the area when destructive materials were falling and the rescuers who spent months in dangerous debris. They will have to face the destructiveness of 9/11 later on.

I am proud to live beside a great country like the United States. No country has helped others around the world as much as they have - in money to re-build when required, emergency supplies and workers, and in the lives of their military. God Bless America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boooooooo

Police stupidity