Saturday, September 1, 2007

Maybe we still need men after all .....

On my drive home last night I was listening to Coast to Coast, which many of you may be familiar with. The guest was a scientist whose name and specialty I didn't hear because I came in late but he was discussing astrological things like comets and black holes and the like. Many of the callers were astounding knowledgeable about the subject and asked questions of the expert that were very in depth and intelligent - at least they sounded like that to me. And, in fact, the guest kept saying things like "That is a very good question," so I guess the callers were pretty smart.

Nothing about the fate of the universe was resolved during the discussions but it was all very interesting. The most interesting thing to me, however, was that every single caller was male.

When I arrived at home, I got my dish of ice cream and sat down to watch the World Poker Tour. Not as weighty as the sky stuff but some pretty intelligent people playing for some very amazing amounts of cash. Students from Yale, former owners of cosmetic companies and the like. Couldn't stay awake long enough to see who actually won but I can tell you for sure that it was a man.

There are only a handful of women in the professional poker world and for the most part an eccentric bunch. Not that I'm complaining about that - I love eccentric people.

Again, the most interesting part of the WPT game - all men.

It seems that the social engineering people have not been able to change everything in our world and that maybe there still are differences between men and women.

God I hope so!

No comments:

Police stupidity